Saturday, March 23, 2013

Between eats

Balancing time as a mom, especially a super new mom like me, can be challenging. Today, my Locklan stayed on schedule like a textbook pro. Taking advantage of that plus my husband being home to help, I finally had time to finish a project that has been pending for weeks for Lock's room. I had a baby boy about two and half months ago and am just now beginning to decorate his room. I had plans of a New England harbor/beach theme with buoys and sailboats so luckily I at least had his walls painted a pretty blue/gray color with a hint of purple (I didn't know if he was going to be a boy or a girl). So now, here we go. My first project as a mom!

It was a real simple project. I started with three canvases I liked and sketched out an idea of what I wanted to paint: apologies for the blurry photo and beautiful drop cloth behind.





Then I blobbed them with some simple acrylic craft paint from Hobby Lobby. Super cheap. Hobby Lobby often has 50% off deals on their canvases, paint, and painting tools. 



With a scraper (also easily found at Hobby Lobby) I moved the paint around to make an abstract replica of my sketch. 



Then I added a hint of color to make it more interesting.



Voila! Project complete. This was my first time using a scraper to paint with but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Here are all three finished:




1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love that we just talked about this yesterday and you've already done them! What a therapeutic project that must have been.

    ReplyDelete